Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Crafty Animal Lovers

One thing that I love is all the great indie artists out on the web (especially on Etsy). So, when I visited Mandypants shop and saw that she was donating part of her sales to benefit an animal rescue group I asked her to write a little something about it to share here.

There is very little more that I love to do besides craft if up, except helping animals. I decided recently to start donating 10% of my sales to a local animal shelter here in West Texas called The Haven. The Haven is a no kill shelter and they're always needing some help. After I posted this on my site (www.mandypants.etsy.com) some others saw what I was doing and invited me to join EFA (Etsy For Animals). EFA donates part of their profits each month to a different animal charity. It's so cool and I'm really excited to be a part of it! So far, I've gotten a decent chunk of change to donate, and that's always a great feeling! I love craft for causes, and animals are always in need, it's great to do my part. I wish I could house and feed every animal that needed it, but I've already got 3 cats, 3 fish and I'm babysitting a rabbit, I think my husband would move out if I tried to move any more animals in, ha! Check out my site at www.mandypants.etsy.com!


Thank you Mandy! I totally know what you are going through with the animals, my hubby thinks I want to live in a zoo with all the animals I would like to adopt. ;) Good luck with your shop, and thanks for letting us all know about Esty for Animals!

No comments: