Monday, April 30, 2007

Kira's happy ending.



Kira came to us from a shelter at about 1 year of age. She had been a stray they picked up, so they didn't know anything about her. She was very afraid of people and dogs and wouldn't let them walk past us on the street. She would lunge barking and snarling to keep them from getting too close. She taught me an enormous amount about dog behavior and fearful dogs especially. She did go on to compete in agility and do some obedience workshops.

She is now 13 yrs old and has kidney disease, and has come a long way since we intially brought her home. I have three dogs and I never thought I would say this about her, but she is my easy dog. She's very sweet, and a wonderful gentle soul. I'm very greatful to have her in my life.

Thanks for sharing with us Clynch! What a great thing you have done to add a rescue animal to your family.

2 comments:

Cynthia Blue said...

That is so awesome about Kira! I love to hear of adopted dogs doing agility! Woo Hoo!

Chad said...

She looks like a wonderful dog, and like she has a ton of energy to play all day!