Sunday, April 15, 2007

Another happy ending.

Cody sent in his story about his rescue Kenya. Thanks Cody!

Kenya




I've been looking for a dog of my own for about 7 or 8 months now. I was pretty desperate to get one because my dog of 15 years had just passed away. I've always been a big fan of arctic breed dogs, and was really looking for a pure-bred husky from several local breeders, but I was also checking the local pound every once in a while to see if one would catch my eye. Sure enough, I went in there one day and not only did they have a husky and a malamute, they had Kenya. Now I was dead set on getting a puppy, but she really caught my eye and I knew she was the dog I wanted. Kenya was a 4-year-old German Shepard hybrid, so the tag said. They were very leary of her being adopted out because of her size and wolf-like appearance, but they eventually let me adopt her. She was clearly underfed (you can see/feel EVERY bone in her body) and her fur is a bit raggedy, but she is otherwise a very healthy and good dog. She's been trained before and listens very well to me. I think the thing that I love most about her though, she is EXACTLY, down to the color and personality, like the dog I had for 15 years.

3 comments:

judie said...

I got my Wildlife Warrior wristband in the mail yesterday. Thank you sooooo much! I plan to do a post about it in a couple of days. Thanks Aimee, and a special thanks for all the good work you do!

Cathy said...

I'm in love with Kenya!

Cody said...

Thanks Cathy...I'm pretty much in love with Kenya too.

She's doing really well. She's a master escape artist, but we're working past that. When I'm around she'll just lay around for hours, but the second I'm out of sight she freaks. She's been really friendly to everyone and it's fun to watch her. Thanks for the write-up Aimee!