Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Reader question.

I got an email today from a reader who needs some help. Here is what they wrote:
Help!!!! I have 4 rescued dogs that are 10 years old. My daughter recently (one year ago) moved back in with us and also has 2 rescued dogs. Our city ordinance stipulates that we can only have 4 dogs at our residence and a neighbor has complained that we have too many dogs. Are there any laws that can help us? My daughter intends to move out to her own place within the next year but what do we do in the meantime? I am desperate!! These dogs are our babies and I can't imagine getting "rid" of any of them. Help!!!! Anybody!!!! We live in Galveston County Texas. Can anyone help?????

As far as I know, there aren't really any laws to get around this. The laws in my state are actually stricter than in Texas, as we are only supposed to have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Other than talking with the neighbors and letting them know the situation I can't think of anything. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Cynthia Blue said...

Ugh... us dog people are usually the underdogs when it comes to situations like this. I have four dogs, and quite often we have fosters in and out. We have been up to 7 once in a while, that is the max we can handle. Anyway, our limit is 2 dogs. We keep them very quiet, and none of our neighbors have complained. I hope you can work something out with the neighbors.