Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Steve Irwin

I don't know if you had a chance to watch the last adventure of this great conservationalist or not, but they had a special right after that was equally neat. The first show, "Oceans Deadliest", was amazing, but I think that the celebration, "Crikey, What an Adventure", was even better!

There is always something great to be learned from watching passionate people and learning about their lives. Steve is a great example of what one person can accomplish, and proof that one person really can make a difference! I had no idea that he was in constant pain, he never once let that stop him from doing the things that he wanted to do. His positive attitude is also an insipration, and will be missed.

The Discovery Channel is selling Wildlife Warrior wristbands in memory of Steve and to help his foundation. All of the proceeds from the wristbands will be donated, and $10.00 for 10 wristbands is a pretty good deal!

1 comment:

Suni said...

Wow I didn't even know about this. Thanks for the info. I have added you to my new pet/rescue blog :D