Monday, March 13, 2006

Ferrets!!

I used to have a pet ferret, so I can tell you from experience that they are a bundle of fun. They are full of personality, mischevious, and when they want to be snuggled they are good at that too. They are among many small animals that need to find good homes, it's not just cats and dogs you know! ;)

Ferret-Fact is a great organization dedicated to ferret rescue, and also long term care of ferrets. They also provide a lot of information to owners about how to care for ferrets. I was especially grateful to them for the help they provided me at the end of my ferret's life, he loved their gruel recipe!



If you are considering adding a ferret to your family, be sure to check rescues first. Also make sure they are legal in your town, in many cities owning a ferret is against the law.

No comments: